Last updated: March 2022
What Information Do We Collect About You?
We collect and process information you give us when you create an account and use the Platform. This includes technical and behavioural information about your use of the Platform. We also collect information about you if you download the app and use the Platform.
How Will We Use The Information About You?
We use your information to provide you with the Platform and to improve and administer it. In order to provide an effective and dynamic Platform, and where we have determined it is in our legitimate interests, we use your information to improve and develop the Platform, prevent crime and ensure users’ safety. Where we have your consent, we will also use your personal data to serve you targeted advertising and promote the Platform.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
We share your data with third-party service providers who help us to deliver the Platform including cloud storage providers. We also share your information with business partners, other companies in the same group as Fyrrr, content moderation services, measurement providers, and analytics providers, but only under strict privacy guidelines. We may share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or with other third parties only where we are legally required to do so or if such use is reasonably necessary (for instance, to ensure your or someone else’s safety).
We offer you settings to control and manage the personal data we have about you. You also have the following rights: you can ask us to delete your data; to change or correct your data; to provide a copy of your data and to stop using some or all of your data. You can also contact us using the contact information below, and we will review your request in accordance with applicable laws.
How Long Do We Keep Hold Of Your Information?
We retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the service so that we can fulfil our contractual obligations and exercise our rights in relation to the information involved. Where we do not need your information in order to provide the service to you, we retain it only as long as we have a legitimate business purpose in keeping such data or where we are subject to a legal obligation to retain the data. We will also retain your data if necessary for legal claims.
We will notify all users of any material changes to this policy through a notice on our Platform or by other means. We update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this policy, which reflects the effective date of the policy. By accessing or using the Platform, you acknowledge that you have read this policy and that you understand your rights in relation to your personal data and how we will collect, use, and process it.
The Types Of Personal Data We Use
We collect and use the following information about you.
Your Profile Information
You give us information when you register on the Platform, including your username, email address and/or telephone number, the information you disclose in your user profile and your photograph or profile video.
User Content and Behavioural Information
We process the content you generate and view on the Platform, including preferences you set (such as choice of language), photographs and videos you upload, and comments. We collect information through surveys, challenges and competitions in which you participate. We also collect information regarding your use of the Platform, e.g. how you engage with the Platform, including how often you use the Platform and how you interact with content we show you, videos you watch, problems encountered, the content you like, the content you save to “Favourites”, the words you search and the users you follow.
We infer your interests for the purpose of personalising content.
We review User Content for content moderation purposes to enforce our community guidelines, comply with legal obligations, and prevent and respond to abuse, fraud, illegal activity and other potentially harmful content on the Platform.
We also process information about your followers, the likes you receive and responses to content you upload to personalise your Feeds, promote your content to other users and explore whether your profile presents opportunities for collaboration.
Where local laws allow us to, we collect and process your chat messages, which includes scanning and analysing the information in those messages through the Platform’s messaging functionality. That information includes the content of the message and information about when the message has been sent, received and/or read, as well as the participants in the communication.
We do this to prevent and block spam, prevent, and detect crime, safeguard children (where this is in the substantial public interest) or to protect the interests of our users and other people.
Please also be aware that messages sent to other users of the Platform will be accessible by those users and that we are not responsible for how they use or disclose them.
Information from Third Parties
You may choose to share certain data with us from third parties or, through your use of the Platform, we may collect such third-party data automatically.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smartphones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Fyrrr. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if the use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
Fyrrr collects information to understand where its users are located for several reasons. It helps us to localise and personalise content, undertake aggregated analytics, understand where users are based, and estimate the tax liability of Fyrrr.
Fyrrr may collect your precise or approximate location:
– from you when you provide, correct or confirm your location
– by inferring your location from your IP address; and
– from our partners or your payment provider.
If you choose to register to use the Platform using your third-party details (e.g. Apple and Google), you will provide us with your username and public profile. We will likewise share certain information with the relevant network, such as your app ID, access token and the referring URL.
Technical Information We Collect About You
We collect certain information from you when you use the Platform. Such information includes your IP address, instance IDs (which allow us to determine which devices to deliver messages to), mobile carrier, time zone settings, and the version of the app you are using. We will also collect information regarding the device you are using to access the Platform, such as the model of your device, the device system, network type, device ID, your screen resolution and operating system, audio settings and connected audio devices. Where you log in from multiple devices, we will be able to use your profile information to identify your activity across devices.
Information About Your Friends
You can choose whether to find other users of the Platform using our “Share” function and to invite your contacts to join you on the Platform. We will use the contact information you have for that person, such as from within your telephone’s contact list and give you the option to send them either an SMS or email inviting them to view your Fyrrr profile.
We use your personal data to find matches based on your contact information and your address book. However, your contact information and your address book are private and will not be disclosed. We use a technical system to find matches without sending your own information or your address book to us in plain text.
Information You Provide To Us
We collect information you provide us in response to a survey. If you respond to a Fyrrr survey, your individual responses will be used for the purpose of the survey and will be shared with other organisations, as explained to you when you participate in a survey. We may also use aggregate data from these surveys in the same way.
We also collect information you provide to us in correspondence.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will use the information we collect about you based on the legal grounds described below.
In accordance with, and to perform our contract with you, we will use your information to:
- provide the Platform and associated services;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- provide you with user support;
- enforce our terms, conditions and policies;
- administer the Platform, including troubleshooting;
- personalise the content you receive and provide you with tailored content that will be of interest to you;
- enable you to share User Content and interact with other users; and
- communicate with you.
In order to comply with our legal obligations and as necessary to perform tasks in the public interest or to protect the vital interests of our users and other people, we use your data to help us prevent and respond to abuse, fraud, illegal activity and other potentially harmful content on the Platform.
In accordance with our legitimate interests to provide an effective and dynamic Platform, we may use your information to:
- ensure your safety and security, including reviewing User Content, messages and associated metadata for breaches of our Community Guidelines and our Terms of Service;
- ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- understand how people use the Platform so that we can improve, promote and develop it;
- promote popular topics, hashtags and campaigns on the Platform;
- carry out data analysis and test the Platform to ensure its stability and security;
- measure the effectiveness of the advertising you see on our Platform;
- inform our algorithms so we can deliver the most relevant content to you and to prevent crime and misuse of the Platform;
- carry out surveys regarding our services, products and features;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of the Platform; and
- enable you to socialise on the Platform.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We share your data with the following selected third parties:
- We provide information and content to service providers who support our business, such as cloud service providers and providers of content moderation services, to ensure that the Platform is a safe and enjoyable place.
Analytics And Measurement Providers
- We use analytics and measurement providers to help us improve the Platform, including by assisting us with content measurement and following your activity on our Platform across your devices.
Our Corporate Group
- We may share your information with other members, subsidiaries, or affiliates of our corporate group where it is necessary to provide the Platform in accordance with the Terms of Service.
- We share information to improve and optimise the Platform, including to prevent illegal use and to support users.
Law Enforcement / Legal Obligation
We may share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other third parties if we consider that we are legally required to do so or if such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with a legal process or request;
- enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements, policies, and standards, including investigation of any potential violation;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address abuse, fraud, illegal activity or security or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
Sale or Merger
- We disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets. In such transactions, we will disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- If we sell, buy, merge, are acquired by, or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The personal data we collect from you will be transferred to and stored at secure sites in countries where our storage partners have offices.
We offer you settings to control and manage the personal data we have about you.
You have the following rights:
- Access Your Data: You can ask us, free of charge, to confirm we process your personal data and for a copy of your personal data.
- Delete Your Data: You can ask us to delete all or some of your personal data.
- Change or Correct Data: You can ask us to change or fix your data. You can also make changes using the in-app controls and settings.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in a machine-readable form.
- Object or Restrict Use of Data and Withdraw Consent: You can ask us to stop using some or all of your data, e.g. if we have no legal right to keep using it. You can ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes; withdraw your consent, or ask us to stop making any automatic individual decisions, including profiling. If you object to such processing, we ask you to share the reason for your objection in order for us to examine the processing of your personal data and to balance our legitimate interest in processing and your objection to this processing.
Before we can respond to a request to exercise one or more of the rights listed above, you may be required to verify your identity or your account details.
For information about how to make these requests, you can contact us using the contact information below, and we will review your request while considering applicable laws. Fyrrr will be responsible for responding to your request within the relevant periods provided by law.
The Security Of Your Personal Data
We take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, for example, by encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted via the Platform, which means any transmission is at your own risk.
We have appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk that may be posed to you and other users. We maintain these technical and organisational measures and will amend them from time to time to improve the overall security of our systems.
From time to time, we will include links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
We retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the service so that we can fulfil our contractual obligations and exercise our rights in relation to the information involved. Where we do not need your information in order to provide the service to you, we retain it only for so long as we have a legitimate business purpose in keeping such data.
If you ask us to delete your account, it will first be placed into a deactivated state for 30 days (to allow you to request it to be reinstated), followed by the deletion of the account. We will also delete personal data that relates to the in-app messaging function within 30 days of you cancelling your user account. Please note that messages sent to other users of our service are stored on their devices and cannot be deleted by us.
In each case, there are also occasions where we may need to keep your data for longer in accordance with our legal obligations or where it is necessary for legal claims.
We will notify you of any material changes to this policy through a notice provided via the Platform or by other means. The “Last Updated” date at the top of this policy reflects the effective date of such policy changes.
Who We Are And How To Contact Us
Fyrrr provides the Platform and associated services and process personal data in the manner described in this policy and in our Terms of Service.
If you have questions or complaints regarding this policy, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact us at the following postal address:
Fyrrr Pty Ltd: 123 Pitt St Sydney NSW 2000 Australia